Call licensed agents at Foremost
|Monday–Friday||8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET|
|Saturday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET|
|Claims/Bill Pay||By phone 24/7|
Pay your bill online.
Call licensed agents at Foremost1-800-752-2461
We know you have plenty of options when it comes to buying insurance. Take a little time to find out why so many people have chosen a Foremost policy through the AARP Motorcycle and Mobile Home Insurance Programs.
Foremost has been in the specialty insurance business since 1952 and has offered the AARP® Mobile Home Insurance Program from Foremost since 1989 and the AARP® Motorcycle Insurance Program since 2004. We are proud to continue to provide these programs to AARP members today.
At Foremost, we insure more than one million mobile home residences across the United States. With all of our specialty products, we serve nearly three million customers. Foremost is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies, one of the nation's largest insurers of personal property.
Our growth has been fueled not only by our willingness to innovate, but also by our commitment to superior claim service. Claim service has been an important part of the Foremost commitment since the earliest days of the company. Our claim representatives are extensively trained to understand what it takes to repair the property we insure. Our claim team is committed to fast, fair and friendly service.
Insurance designed for AARP members
At Foremost, we want AARP members to get best-in-class products and service. We understand that affordability and good value for your money are key criteria. As a customer of one of our programs available to AARP members, you get rates that were developed especially for you. Plus, our insurance programs focus on making you feel secure. After all, isn't that why you buy insurance?
Foremost designed the AARP Mobile Home and Motorcycle Insurance Programs with AARP members and their families in mind. A product or service that carries the AARP brand has been carefully evaluated and selected as one that meets the high standards of AARP.
Two special programs for AARP members
Foremost developed two special programs for members. That resulted in a unique insurance program for AARP members who own mobile homes and for AARP members who own motorcycles. We also have a dedicated Foremost staff trained to serve AARP members.
Focused on the Foremost mission
Each member of the Foremost customer service team is focused on serving you, as we promise in our mission statement:
To provide AARP members with the security they want from their insurance company, offer that insurance at AARP member rates and provide superior service when an AARP member needs our help.
At Foremost, we focus on specialty products, like mobile homes and motorcycles. We insure more than one million mobile home residences across the United States. With all of our specialty products, we serve nearly three million customers. Foremost is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies, one of the nation's largest insurers of personal property.
- Foremost was founded on June 12, 1952 to provide insurance for a new and growing market of mobile home owners.
- By 1961, Foremost sold mobile home insurance in every state except Hawaii.
- The first mobile home insurance policy was created by Foremost.
- Foremost began with one account, doing business in just one state. A staff of three people worked out of a one-room office. Less than one year later, the staff numbered 11. In five years, Foremost was doing business in 35 states and had 44 employees.
- It's important for us to help our customers learn about safety. We commissioned a study in the early 1960s that resulted in many states enacting mandatory mobile home tie down laws. Foremost employees worked with the Department of Housing and Urban Development to help establish the original mobile home building codes in the mid-1970s. Our website offers information about motorcycle safety and mobile home safety.
- In 1989, Foremost began offering the AARP Mobile Home Insurance Program to AARP members and is proud to continue providing the program today.
- During 2000, Foremost began offering motorcycle insurance programs.
- Our growth has been fueled not only by our willingness to innovate, but also by our commitment to superior claim service. Claim service has been an important part of the Foremost commitment since the earliest days of the company. Our claim representatives are extensively trained to understand what it takes to repair the property we insure. Our claim team is committed to fast, fair and friendly service.
- Foremost's financial strength: Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best (5/11).
- In 2001, Foremost introduced mygreathome.com, a website for manufactured home owners, full of tips for home maintenance, interior decorating, landscaping and more. This site is now part of Foremost.com.
- In 2004, Foremost began offering the AARP Motorcycle Insurance Program to AARP members and is proud to continue providing the program today
- In 2000, the Foremost Insurance Group of companies was acquired by the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the Farmers exchanges offer both private passenger automobile and homeowners insurance in the U.S., providing coverage to 20 million customers through 50,000 agents throughout the U.S. Farmers Group, Inc., which manages the Farmers insurance exchanges, is a member of the Zurich Financial Services Group, one of the largest financial services groups in the world with annual sales of $45 billion.
- The Foremost Insurance Group companies do business in the United States and are made up of Foremost Insurance Company Grand Rapids Michigan, Foremost Signature Insurance Company, Foremost Property and Casualty Insurance Company, American Federation Insurance Company, Foremost County Mutual Insurance Company (Texas) and Foremost Lloyds of Texas.
- Foremost corporate offices are located at 5600 Beech Tree Lane, Caledonia, Michigan 49316. We also have regional claim offices in Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas and California. Foremost field sales and claim representatives are based throughout the country.
The use of insurance scores
Under Federal and State law, companies may use consumer reports, such as credit reports, to help determine policy rating and eligibility. The following information explains how the use of insurance scores helps us determine program eligibility as well as the premium an individual will pay.
Why we use insurance scores
Insurance scores have proven to be effective predictors of insurance losses. This is important to you as a customer, because these scores help the company offer the best coverages and prices to those consumers who are less likely to incur numerous losses, and keep the policy rates competitive.
Insurance scores are not the same as credit scores
Although the insurance score is based on credit information, it is important to understand the difference between insurance scores and credit scores:
- An insurance score measures the potential for future loss
- A credit score predicts how likely someone is to repay a loan or other credit obligation
- Because they have different focuses, credit-report information is used differently to calculate the credit score than it is to calculate the insurance score
How insurance scores are calculated
An insurance score is developed from a mathematical formula that weighs and measures the credit information available at a particular point in time. State and federal laws permit companies to consider factors such as payment history, length of credit history, delinquent accounts, the number of collections, bankruptcies, the number of applications for new credit, and outstanding debt and account balances. These factors help identify credit patterns that indicate the probability of future losses. When Foremost uses models or formulas owned by third party vendors, Foremost does not have access to the formulas that were used to determine the scores.
How we use insurance scores
At Foremost, the insurance scores are divided into varying rating levels. These rating levels are based partly on the insurance score, but this score is NOT the sole factor in determining the premium. Traditional rating factors depend on the type of policy involved and may include:
- Coverages the customer has selected
- Limit amounts chosen for those coverages
- Motor vehicle driving records
- Claim history
If you have not received our best rate, you will receive a separate notice in your policy packet explaining this, in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Frequency of insurance scoring
Foremost does not use insurance scores for all products. For those products that do apply insurance scores, Foremost obtains the score at the time the customer applies for insurance. It is possible that we may obtain a new score at renewal, or we may continue to use the rating level determined when the policy was first issued. This depends on the state laws and regulations and the design of the state-specific program. Many states require that we review the insurance score at least once every three years.
Little or no credit information
The lack of credit history or the inability to calculate an insurance score will not be the sole factors used to determine premium or to deny, cancel or non-renew a policy.
Corrections to your credit information
If you find an error on your credit report and have it corrected through the reporting agency/credit bureau, that agency/bureau will send you a document stating the correction has been made. After you receive that document, you may call your agent or representative to request that Underwriting re-score your policy. Please be sure to have the correction verification document and your policy number when you call.
Improving your insurance score
If you have received our notice called "Important Information about Consumer Reports — Adverse Action Notice," please take a moment to read the section titled "Further Explanation of Insurance Score Reasons." This section gives important information regarding the specific factor(s) that have had the most impact on your insurance score, as well as general information on how you might address each factor.
Inquiries for insurance scoring
Foremost's request to view your credit information for insurance scoring purposes is considered a "soft inquiry." This means you may see our inquiry listed on your report; however, our inquiry will not have any effect on your insurance score.
Customer satisfaction is important to us. If you have any questions, please contact Foremost toll-free at 1-800-752-2461. Our representative will be happy to review your policy and coverages with you.
For further information on this topic, you may want to visit the following sites:
Foremost Insurance Company pays royalty fees to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. AARP and its affiliates are not insurers.
Availability: The AARP® Mobile Home Insurance Program from Foremost is offered in most states but may not be available in your area at this time. This program is unavailable in certain Florida Atlantic and Gulf Coast counties, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Products, coverages, coverage amounts and discounts may vary by state and may not be available in all areas.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Some coverages are not part of the policy unless you purchase them. Credit is only used by underwriting or rating where allowed by state law. We use credit-based insurance scoring in some cases.
FX Insurance Agency, LLC. is a subsidiary of Farmers Group, Inc.
*Information from the Foremost Mobile Home Market Facts Survey (2018)
© Copyright Foremost Insurance Company